5 min read
Axie Infinity: Origins Season 2 is Here!
New gameplay. New rewards. The Arena awaits
By: Flagship Team
- Season 2 will last for 42 days and comes with updates to many Runes, Charms, and cards.
- Introducing Eras: a new leaderboard system that rewards players throughout the entire season with a total of 112,000 AXS while promoting a dynamic meta through progressive Rune/Charm rarity unlocks across the season.
- We’ve updated the crafting level-up progression/rewards and added a Daily Login Bonus system!
Welcome to Season 2!
We’re thrilled to share that the long-awaited Axie Infinity: Origins Season 2 is upon us. Here’s an overview of the most important changes:
A Faster-Paced Season
After listening to community feedback, we made Season 2 shorter than Season 1. It will last for a total of 42 days and leaderboard payouts will happen four times throughout the season rather than once at the end. Plus, rewards and level-ups will happen much faster than before. This will create powerful momentum especially when paired with the new Eras system.
Eras are part of a new leaderboard system that rewards players throughout the entire season with a total of 112,000 AXS while promoting a dynamic meta through progressive Rune/Charm rarity unlocks across the season.
For example, the Rare Era will last from Day 0 to Day 7 of Season 2. During this time, only Common and Rare Runes and Charms will be available for crafting. When the Rare Era is over, top players will receive the first AXS leaderboard payout in accordance with the schedule above.
This is a way to reward players for their effort and participation throughout the entire season while keeping gameplay feeling ~fresh~. Here is a complete list of Season 2 Eras and their features.
The Rare Era
- Day 0 to Day 7
- Total Reward Payout = 11,200 AXS (or 10% of 112,000 AXS)
- Players can only use the Beginner/Basic crafting. No Utility Slots open.
- Only common and rare Runes and Charms will be available for crafting.
The Epic Era
- Day 7 to Day 21
- Total Reward Payout = 33,600 AXS (or 30% of 112,000 AXS)
- Intermediate Crafting unlocks. All Utility Slots open.
- Only common, rare, and epic Runes and Charms will be available for crafting and trading.
- Bonus: all players who played at least one game during the Rare Era will receive a Sealed Epic Rune Choice Box which they can redeem any time during Season 2.
The Mystic Era
- Day 21 to Day 28
- Total Reward Payout = 16,800 AXS (or 15% of 112,000 AXS)
- Master Crafting unlocks.
- All Runes and Charms are available for crafting.
- Bonus: all players who played at least one game during the Epic Era will receive a Sealed Mystic Rune Choice Box which they can redeem any time during Season 2.
The Final Era
- Day 28 to Day 42
- Total Reward Payout = 50,400 AXS (or 45% of 112,000 AXS)
- All Runes and Charms are available for crafting and trading.
- Bonus: all players who have played at least one game during the Mystic Era will receive a Sealed Mystic Charm Choice Box which they can redeem any time during Season 2.
New Card Effects and Game Mechanics
As shared in our previous Town Halls and card reveal series (Stage 2), there will be a lot of changes coming for Season 2. Most of these have been revealed over the last couple of weeks.
- Class Potential Points now scale linearly with Class Purity
- Neutral charms can be equipped with mixed Potential Points
- New Game Mechanic: Energy Burst
- Blood Moon Rework
- Base HP of NFT axies increased from 320 → 400
- Rework: [Return] mechanic changed to [Keep]
- Adjustment: [Limit] no longer completely disables cards
- Variable Minting fee of Runes and Charms
You can check this document for the full details on these changes.
We know that some of our community members have taken a break during the off-season and it can be a challenge coming back to a flurry of changes, so hopefully this helps!
Changes to Level-Ups and Rewards
In Season 2, players can expect crafting Level-Ups to happen much faster, too. There are a total of 100 levels compared to 50 levels from Season 1. That’s twice the levels!
Crafting Level-Up rewards will adjust accordingly while providing Basic Moondusts, Epic Moondusts, and Ancient Moonstones.
Speaking of level-ups—we’re also changing the Rank-Up Rewards for S2. For this season, we will no longer be giving Moondust, instead, we’re giving more Moonshards!
Here’s what these rewards will look like:
Bugapalooza Launch Contest
The Season will kick-off with Bugapalooza: a bug-themed launch contest from January 11th to January 18th!
Earn Contest Points from missions that focus on Bug Axies, Bug Runes, and Bug Charms. We're just as antsy as you are to get this event and season underway!
Players can unlock Moonshards, Moon Dust, Special Avatars, and even a special sticker as they earn points from various missions
Daily Login Bonus
We are introducing a new experiment that rewards players for logging in to the game every day.
Login each day and check your mailbox to redeem a free reward. These rewards expire at the end of the day, so make sure that you don't miss a day!
This is the first iteration of our Daily Login Bonus. It may change in the future once we gather more data and feedback.
Historic Season 2 Avatars and Borders
At the end of the season, top players will receive avatars and borders to commemorate Season 2. The top 1,300 players will receive the fierce trophy-holding avatar, while the top 20,000 players will receive the laid-back chin-scratching reptile avatar.
Any player who finishes Season 2 in the top 40,000 will receive their own Season 2 border.
(Top 1,300 players will receive both avatars)
Thank you to our incredible community for your feedback, enthusiasm, and patience as we enter a new year. We’re excited to jump into Season 2 together! Axie is more than a game: we’re a powerful worldwide movement. Let’s play hard and show the world what it means to be a Lunacian.
See you in the arena!
Subscribe to Flagletter
Get content like this in your inbox
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should be construed as a financial investment recommendation. It’s important to understand that investing is a high-risk activity. Investments expose money to potential loss.